International Students: Plan Your Arrival
The start of the year is quickly approaching, and there is much to do for your preparation before arriving to the United States and studying at Trine.
Confirm your arrival by completing the Orientation and Registration form.
Emergency Contact Number: 260-316-1877 (Trine University Campus Safety)
What to Pack:
Keep close -
At the U.S. Port of Entry, you will be inspected by an immigration officer before you are permitted to collect your checked luggage. Therefore, prior to departure for the U.S., you should pack the following items in your carry-on bag, NOT in your checked luggage:
- Passport with visa
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Trine admission letter
- Official transcripts
- Financial guarantee
- Immunization records
- Important items such as medication, eye glasses, contacts, credit card and/or sufficient money in travelers checks or USD$, and bilingual dictionary.
Other items to consider
Be sure to pack light. You will have a chance to purchase items during International Orientation. Some things to think about are to:
- prepare to bring clothing for cool weather.
- bring a laptop, if you have one. (Note: graduate students are expected to have a laptop for their program)
- research if you need a power converter (U.S. voltage is 110-120).
- consider bringing spices, recipes of native foods, small souvenirs from your home country, cultural clothing, music, and photos from home.
*Note: Include your name and University address on your bags, in case it gets lost.
Questions? Contact Office of International Services
Director of International Community Services
Office of International Services
260.665.4630 | E-mail me at: email@example.com