Writing Center Coordinator
Writing Center Coordinator
The Writing Center Coordinator will manage the Writing Center, reporting directly to the Writing Center Director. Hours worked will be M-F, 10am-3pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting clients as they enter the Writing Center and getting them set up with their
appointment or making appointments for them
- Opening and closing the Writing Center every day
- Performing administrative duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Creating PR and social media materials for campus distribution
- Answering emails for the Writing Center email address
- Keeping the Writing Center clean and tidy
- Creating monthly reports of scheduled and walk-in appointments and other administrative reports as necessary
- Creating and managing events (usually monthly)
- Managing and updating the online calendar for holidays, breaks, and occasional rescheduling of tutor hours
- Creating and maintaining tutor schedules for workshops and events
- Assisting in workshops or events that fall within regularly scheduled hours
- Acting as liaison between tutors and the Writing Center Director when the director is not present in the center
- Contacting the Writing Center director if any administrative or scheduling issues arise
- Other administrative duties as designated by the Writing Center director
- Becoming familiar with the resources and software used in the Writing Center, including the Writing Center website and the Writing Center Moodle page.
- Occasionally aiding clients in all stages of the writing process if necessary
- Occasionally aiding clients in executive functioning tasks such as organizing schedules, planning out weekly tasks, or creating priority lists. This duty is linked specifically with requests from academic counseling and will be set up voluntarily after discussing the duty with the Writing Center director
- Maintaining a professional and welcoming demeanor while working in the Center
Education and/or Experience
A minimum high school or GED diploma required; Bachelors degree or candidates actively pursuing a Bachelors degree program are preferred.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.