The Web Specialist serves as the university’s webmaster, overseeing the organization and functionality of the trine.edu website and working to support other university websites, including the university’s athletics and advancement office websites. This position ensures the coordinated development, communication, and implementation of web projects, policies, and procedures within the university, either through direct programming or working with an outside vendor or vendors. The Web Specialist will ensure Trine University is represented by visually appealing, user-friendly web pages that support key areas such as student recruitment, student services and fundraising.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Content and Communications, the Web Specialist works closely with the Director of Design and other staff in the Office of University Marketing and Communications to ensure brand and messaging consistency across platforms.
- Serving as administrator for trine.edu and other university websites as assigned
- Adding new features and functions to Trine’s website, or working with outside vendors to do so
- Training and supporting staff in other departments who serve as content managers to manage specific online content areas
- Working with the Senior Director of Content and Communications to ensure web content is presented in a way that meets the needs and goals of the university and its various departments
- Working closely with the Director of Design to ensure Trine’s website is consistent with university graphic and brand standards
- As needed, working with outside contractors in areas such as web design, programming or hosting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology, informatics or a similar field
- Ability to design products to work with multiple browsers and platforms
- Strong sense of aesthetics and what makes a website user-friendly
- Familiarity with industry trends, web hosting and cybersecurity
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.