Technical Training Instructor
Technical Training Instructor
Trine Innovation One invites applications for a full time Technical Training Instructor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be asked to teach a variety of courses in industrial systems for electro-mechanical maintenance (mechatronics) and/ or manufacturing systems to students currently in the workforce, displaced from industry or preparing students for entry into the workforce. This instructor plays an essential role in helping students connect concepts with real word applications. The position helps participants navigate potential course obstacles and gain an understanding of how classroom content is applied directly to their workforce development field. The instructor will have responsibility for teaching courses such as Pneumatics, Mechanical Systems, Hydraulics, Electrical Motors & Controls, and Robotic Systems.
The Instructor should bring experience with, and commitment to:
- Promotion of academic program(s)
- Assessing student competence and performance
- Service to the university and community
- Activities leading to professional development and growth
In addition, the Instructor is responsible for the following essential duties:
- Ability to teach students of various ages and diverse backgrounds
- Able to work productively and communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff
- Represent the college in a professional, positive manner with prospective, former and current students, staff, faculty, administrators and community contacts.
- Assist with development of retention and recruiting strategies.
- Must be proficient and experienced in electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, machine tool, basic computer software and hardware.
- Be responsible for maintenance of equipment used in training. Report any damaged or missing instructional equipment.
- Maintain a well-organized, safe, and clean shop and/or classroom
- Assist in developing and refining curriculum on the following topics
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Ladder Logic
- Robotics and Industrial Automation
- Kinematics of Robotics arms, manipulators, linkages and gears
- Pneumatics systems, Motor and Actuators
- Feedback Control Systems
- Ensure the students follow all established policies, procedures, and safety practices
- Meet or will obtain all initial credential requirements and maintain credentialing through compliance with SACA.
- Ensure course delivery and program materials are prepared and comply to SACA standards.
- Remain current with changes in the field and with SACA certification standards
- Teach courses at times that meet students and industry schedules to include evening, online and weekend courses.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Innovation One.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in industrial maintenance and mechatronics and the ability to teach a variety mechatronics courses. Preference will be given to candidates that have completed a Bachelor’s degree in electro-mechanical maintenance or a closely related field. Candidates with relevant work experience within industry will also be strongly considered.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.