Lecturer - Math
Lecturer - Math
The Department of Mathematics invites applications for a full-time lecturer position. We are seeking a candidate who is committed to undergraduate instruction -- flexible, creative, and energetic with a strong desire to see students succeed. Candidates with a background in any area of mathematics may apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach a broad range of undergraduate courses in mathematics.
- Advise students as needed.
- Provide service to the University by serving on committees, advising student groups, and assisting with departmental initiatives, etc.
- Work together with the department chair and faculty on program assessment, course and program development and student recruitment.
Education and/or Experience
The ideal candidate will have a masters degree in mathematics.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.