Job Posting - Head Synchronized Skating Coach
Head Synchronized Skating Coach
Trine University is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, personable and optimistic person to join our team as the Head Synchronized Skating Coach. This position will support the Athletic department by leading the Synchronized Skating program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all day to day related activities:
- Oversee Athletes
- Practice planning
- Film breakdown
- Set up Community Service Activities
- Set athletic performance plan
- Oversee athlete academic performance
- Assist with team discipline as needed
- As well as any additional duties assigned by AD
- Maintain fiscally responsible budgeting policies.
- Handle all aspects of team within University, conference and club policies and procedures.
- Lead all day to day recruiting activities.
- Recruit an initial class of 25 athletes for the fall of 2018.
- Continually grow the Synchronized Skating program as University recruiting goals dictate.
- Set recruiting strategy and plan
- Identify and recruit quality student athletes
- Arrange for on campus recruiting days/activities
- Assign recruiting territory
- Individually responsible for additional recruits
- Maintain quality and open relationships with area high school coaches
- Schedule and staff summer off campus camp activities
- Assist with special events of the athletic department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- One to two years related synchronized skating coaching experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.