Graduate Adjunct Professor
Graduate Adjunct Professor
Employee Type: Part Time
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the academic field is preferred
- Extensive professional experience in a related field
- Minimum technology requirements must be met, those can be viewed at: https://www.trine.edu/online/student-support/technology.aspx
- Previous experience teaching online students at the university level
Trine University invites applications for part-time adjunct positions in the following
academic fields: business administration, information studies, criminal justice, engineering
management, and organizational leadership.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis to support program and enrollment growth. Applications are active for one year from submission date.
The Adjunct Faculty Role
The University’s mission is to promote intellectual and personal development through personally focused learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead and serve. Our faculty are responsible for ensuring students are successful in the online classroom and are prepared for the complexities of today’s workplace.
It is expected that adjunct faculty will:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction and convey a genuine enthusiasm for their learning.
- Provide thorough and constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics to effectively assess learners’ work, while also acknowledging learner accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Work effectively with the TrineOnline team to seek continuous improvement for all TrineOnline courses and programs.
Adjunct Faculty Training
All new faculty teaching online are required to successfully complete onboarding training as a condition of hire.
Salary is is based upon the number of credit hours taught and the number of students registered for the class being taught.
Adjunct faculty candidates are required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.