Director of Student Activities
Director of Student Activities
The Director of Student Activities is responsible for fostering essential social relationships and cultivating community and Trine spirit through a variety of campus extra-curricular programs including special events. Creating programs, activities, and services that advance the development of students intellectually, socially, culturally, and physically—increasing students’ satisfaction, involvement, and retention.
Master's Degree in College Student Development, Higher Education Administration or related field preferred; effective supervision, administrative, organization, written and oral communication skills; experience in conflict resolution, mediation, application of student development theory; excellent decision-making skills. Must have ability to work autonomously and able to utilize excellent judgment. Must also have experience supervising, working with, and addressing needs of a diverse student community. Experience with computer applications is required.
The Director of Student Activities has the responsibility to perform the following:
- Plan, negotiate contracts, schedule, organize and oversee student activities and participate in Week of Welcome, Bingo for Bucks, Homecoming, Finals Week Activities, Senior Celebration, We Care Days, and other major campus wide events
- Administer student activities marketing platforms and social media to maximize the promotion of University events
- Advise Inter-Fraternal Council (IFC) and Greek Leadership Council (GLC); Approve all Greek events
- Approve all student organization flyers
- Serve on various departmental committees including, but not limited to, Storm Chasers, D3 Week, and Visit Days/Admissions
- Oversee after-hours student activities
- Supervise Student Activities Assistant student workers
- Advocate for various student needs and issues
- Establish, maintain and support positive relationships with students
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two to four years experience required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.