Campus Safety Officer
Campus Safety Officer - Part Time
This position is responsible for the safety and security of students, visitors, and employees, as well as the safety and security of the facilities. The Campus Safety Officer supports the needs of the students by being available and responsive. The Campus Safety Officer must be customer – service oriented, maintain a professional appearance and maintain professional relationship with local authorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting students, visitors and staff in accordance with Trine University guidelines.
- Inform and educate students, visitors and staff within the Trine University guidelines.
- Pro-actively patrol, as a deterrent to criminal activity or violations of Trine University rules.
- Maintain high visibility during patrol.
- Look for any hazards to the safety and well-being of students, visitors or staff.
- Maintain sound public relations, in an effort to support and promote Trine University.
- Report and document accidents, incidents, and disciplinary issues as required.
- Cooperate with law enforcement authorities per Trine University guidelines.
- Carry out other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as may be assigned or directed by the Dean of Student Services and/or the Director of Campus Safety.
Required Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Experience: Must have a flexible schedule. Must possess a valid driver's license and pass a background check with no criminal record or serious motor vehicle violations.
The pay is on a part-time hourly basis.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.