Campus Operations maintenance personnel provide services designed to create a vibrant, welcoming and safe environment by maintaining assigned areas through general maintenance, inspections, minor construction and repairs of University assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs safety inspection of facility’s Life Safety Equipment, (fire extinguishers, exit signs/lights and emergency lights, generators, fire doors, fire alarm systems).
- Performs safety inspections and repairs of buildings, fleet and grounds.
- Performs security inspections and repairs of exterior doors and windows.
- Monitors daily operation of heating, cooling, water conditioning and domestic hot water boilers.
- Performs minor repairs on electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems (ballast replacement, switch replacement, filters replacement, unplugs sinks and stools, etc.).
- Performs minor repairs to interior and exterior finishes (ceiling tile, floor tile, carpet, painting, glass, cabinets, chalkboards, book shelves, bulletin boards, walls, doors, railings and partitions, etc.).
- Performs inspections and minor repairs to exterior (roof, roof drains, down spouts, etc.).
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks for electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Completes and submits the required paperwork (timesheets, work orders, material slips, etc.).
- Communicates effectively with site resident director, resident assistant, administrators, Deans, faculty and staff.
- Communicates and reviews short and long term needs of site to Director of Campus Operations.
- Orders necessary maintenance materials and supplies or inventory control.
- Employee shall be available for after hour return to work requests.
- Employee shall be available for occasional week-end work.
- Employee is required to participate in the after hour on-call rotation.
- Duties may include unlocking and locking of buildings and/or University property.
- Employee will assist with snow removal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and a minimum of five years of building maintenance or construction related experience. Applicant must be willing to complete a skills assessment prior to the final interview. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.