Audio Video Specialist
Audio Video Specialist
This position is dedicated to providing customer service for Trine University's Audio Visual Technology special events customers, including students, faculty, administration and guests. The Audio Video Specialist oversees audio visual equipment and systems on campus with responsibility for the performance hall, theater, lecture hall, board room, conference room, banquet and athletic venues requiring mobile audio/video and computer equipment. The Audio Video Specialist will be the productions and ticket sales manager for all T. Furth Performing Art Center’s special events and will oversee the use and training of the University’s ticketing program – AudienceView. The employee shall help with set up and tear down of events as needed. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently provide exemplary service as measured by customer feedback
- Interact with customers, faculty and staff, internal and external customers desiring to utilize spaces or assets on campus
- Creating events and processes in the ticket management system – AudienceView. Oversee the programs use and training.
- Production Manager for all special events. Effectively implement artist engagement agreements and riders.
- Review ASTRA/Space Management system reservations daily for AV needs and assist customers with those reservations.
- Install conference phones as needed for campus events.
- Oversee student employees in the audio-visual services.
- Create and oversee AV calendar, scheduling student employees and external vendors as needed and submit to the Director of Campus Experience weekly
- Gather customer requirements and design A/V solutions that exceed the customers expectation
- Run A/V equipment including light, audio, video, PC, PowerPoint
- Create and upkeep Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) books in all A/V facilities.
- Troubleshoot and correct A/V issues during live events
- Contribute to the design of new media enhanced spaces, including meeting rooms, theaters, athletic facilities, and public spaces
- Use communication appropriate to audience delivered in a friendly and courteous manner with consistent positive attitude
- Install A/V and computer equipment, both mobile and permanent
- Perform problem root cause analysis and assist with implementing countermeasures to reduce incidents
- Troubleshoot and/or repair equipment and systems
- Oversee outside contractors/vendors when on site
- Work with Academic Technology to recommend, design and build, A/V standard solutions
- Work with IT to reserve computers and printers for events.
- Maintain A/V inventory
- Oversee work of outside contractors hired to run concerts or special events
- Review and approve event requests using Ad Astra
- Diagnose and repair hardware issues, engage vendors as required
- Provide customer with event accessories when event coordinator is not on site.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- One year Customer Service or Sales experience One to three years’ experience in and audio visual service technology support role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Audio Engineering, Music Production or similar field is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- One year experience troubleshooting, repairing and operating fixed and commercial portable light and sound systems.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.