Assistant Director of Admission
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of the University’s East Coast States recruitment program. The Assistant Director of Admission works and contributes through a team-oriented approach with the Executive Director of Enrollment Management, Director of Admission and the VPEM in the overall planning and operations of the University’s admissions arena including strategic recruitment planning, application processing, marketing, and policy/communication development; along with the coordination of specific recruitment-related programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position has the primary responsibility is to assume a key territorial recruitment assignment (East Coast States), including prospective student telecounseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, high school visits, applicant follow up, and development of area alumni support for recruitment, etc.
- Responsible for applicant file review, upgrades, major changes etc within the territory.
- Systematically collect, analyze, and use data on market, prospects, applicants, admitted students, and enrolled students, in order to target resources effectively and constantly improve recruitment efforts within your territory
- This person also assists with group campus visitation programs (e.g. open houses), scholarship day competitions, website monitoring and maintenance, staff meetings, and campus visits.
- Weekend visit events, overnight travel to college fairs, other coverage as needed.
- The Assistant Director partners with the Executive Director of Enrollment Management, Director of Admission and the VPEM in planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body from the East Coast States.
- This person will be the housing liaison and work with Star Rez/Housing office on reporting and communication plans.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Graduate degree preferred. Previous admission experience working in higher education is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.