Assistant Professor of Management
Assistant Professor of Management
Trine University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote “intellectual and personal development, through professionally-focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.” Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts, as well as conduct significant student advising.
The ideal candidate with have a background in management and strategy, but exceptionally qualified applicants with other areas of experience and expertise may be considered. The successful candidate will be able to teach undergraduate courses such as Global Strategic Management, Designing Operations, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, and others. Expected teaching load is 12 hours per term. Duties will begin August 2022 or January 2023.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified management and business courses;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of the undergraduate teaching team;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a management role.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to the Trine culture and to the Angola community. Candidates will be committed to working full-time at Trine and serving students and the university in a variety of ways.
An earned doctorate in management or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master of Business Administration or master’s degree in higher education or business-related field with demonstration of relevant work experience.
Salary & Benefits:
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a letter describing their qualifications for teaching classes and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.