Assistant Professor of Accounting
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Trine University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor faculty position in the Ketner School of Business beginning Fall 2022 with primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Accounting. Trine University is a small, private institution located in the beautiful lake resort region of northeastern Indiana. The mission of the University is to promote “intellectual and personal development, through professionally-focused and formative learning opportunities, preparing students to succeed, lead, and serve.” Trine University is proud of its reputation for providing graduates who immediately contribute to employment positions in both the public and private sectors. High quality teaching is our first priority; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate industrial contacts, as well as conduct significant student advising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate with have a background in accounting, but exceptionally qualified applicants with other areas of experience and expertise may be considered. The successful candidate will be able to teach undergraduate courses such as Accounting I & II, Personal Income Tax, Auditing, Accounting Information Systems, University Experience, and Business Concepts. Duties will begin August 2022.
- Teach the standard faculty load of twelve (12) semester hours per semester or twenty-four (24) semesters per academic year.
- Post and maintain a regular schedule of at least ten (10) office hours per week – one office hour shall be scheduled per week for each credit hour of instruction.
- Provide instruction (teach class) for the class length listed in the official schedule.
- Prepare and grade a midterm and a final exam or project for each course.
- Provide each student with a course syllabus.
- Submit absentee and deficiency information to Academic Support Services via the Intranet site.
- Assist students with academic deficiencies.
- Advise prospective and current students about curriculum and career opportunities.
- Participate in developing or implementing the department strategic plan.
- The Assistant Professor will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the respective Department Chair, School Dean, and Vice President.
An earned doctorate in accounting or closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Masters degree in Accounting or a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration and experience in accounting. A CPA designation is also preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated education or experience that would support the teaching of specified accounting and business courses;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a faculty advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of the undergraduate teaching team;
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounting.
Salary & Benefits:
Full-time, faculty-line salary
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Vacation and Sick time in accordance to Trine's policies
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a letter describing their qualifications for teaching classes and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.