Graduates employed last 11 yrs
Average major class size
Clinical hours during program
Our degree will help you get education down to a science
The national demand for science educators in secondary settings continues to grow. As a graduate of the Bachelor of Science with a major in science education program at Trine University, you will be equipped to meet a critical need and prepared to impact the lives of students as a science educator.
The degree: Specialize in chemistry or biology
The Bachelor of Science with a major in science education program focuses on the interdisciplinary nature of curriculum by designing and implementing classroom learning through multiple instructional strategies.
Coursework in chemistry education includes:
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
Coursework in biology/life sciences education includes:
- Human anatomy
- Plant biology
- Animal biology
- Environmental biology
Trine University offers special education licensure programs for preschool through 12th grade, allowing certain secondary education programs to add special education licensure to an existing content area within their four-year degree program at Trine. If you are interested in pursuing special education licensure, talk to your faculty advisor.
The experience: Perform science while getting extensive time in the classroom
The Bachelor of Science with a major in science education has challenging learning experiences guided by faculty in the arts and sciences as well as in the Franks School of Education. You will complete extensive clinical experiences throughout your programs to gain direct contact with today's classrooms.
The result: Be highly prepared for your teaching career
Graduates from the Franks School of Education have demonstrated high levels of success, including:
- 100 percent of recently surveyed principal employers indicated the Franks School of Education provided teacher training that was relevant, effective, and improved P-12 student learning.
- 100 percent of recently surveyed principal employers shared that Trine teacher graduates are more prepared in comparison to other teacher education programs.
Area school districts where students participate in clinical experiences and student teaching include, though are not limited to:
- Bronson Community Schools (Michigan)
- Coldwater Community Schools (Michigan)
- Sturgis Community Schools (Michigan)
- MSD of Steuben County Schools (Indiana)
- Prairie Heights Community Schools (Indiana)
- Hamilton Community Schools (Indiana)
- Fremont Community Schools (Indiana)
- Fort Wayne Community Schools (Indiana)
- Garrett, Keyser Butler Community Schools (Indiana)
- DeKalb County Central United School District (Indiana)
- DeKalb Eastern Community Schools (Indiana)
- Quincy Community Schools (Michigan)
- Edgerton Local School District (Ohio)
- Edon-Northwest Local School District (Ohio)
- Central Noble Community Schools (Indiana)
- East Noble Community Schools (Indiana)
- West Noble Community Schools (Indiana)
- Lakeland Community Schools (Indiana)
With a Bachelor of Science with a major in science education, you have many opportunities for rewarding careers or advanced studies.
Explore the Possibilities:
- Grade-level or content department chair
- Building principal
- Assistant superintendent
- Curriculum director
- Child care worker
- Publications adviser (yearbooks, newspaper, etc.)
- Community agency director
- Graduate student
- Lab assistant
- Lab director
BS in Science Education